NATIONAL MERCHANTS ASSOCIATION WINS 2012 SMALL BUSINESS OF THE YEAR
Burbank, CA, June 6, 2012…National Merchants Association (NMA) was awarded the 2012 Small Business of the Year by the United Chamber of Commerce on June 1, 2012 at the Chamber’s annual breakfast that brings together leaders from throughout Southern California. NMA was recognized for its outstanding service to the Valley’s Economic Development as it is the only association in the country working on behalf businesses to eliminate the unnecessary and unreasonable costs associated with accepting credit cards. NMA swept 14 additional categories including awards for Excellent Service, Quality of Establishment and Exemplary Leadership. National Merchants Association was also acknowledged by the California Legislature Assembly, California State Assembly and the County of Los Angeles. Please see a complete list at the end.
NMA serves as a financial advocacy group that provides merchants with fair and competitive credit card processing rates, especially those in businesses deemed “high risk” by other independent service operators. With members in a variety of industries, NMA garners optimal credit card transaction fees even for small businesses. Visit nationalmerchants.org.
The United Chamber of Commerce encourages the development of new business ventures in the community and provides a network of communication among chambers, business and government to promote overall welfare, progress, and economic prosperity.
A bankcard expert, National Merchants Association CEO and Founder Heather Petersen created the company to serve as an advocacy group for small- and medium-sized business owners in 2004. NMA operates nationwide through 17 regional offices dominating the retail independent sales organization arena, and will include 18 with its expansion to Temecula Valley this July. “We are so honored to have been recognized in so many esteemed categories. We love working with our fellow business owners in the community. We try to complement their efforts with our education programs and together we watch their profits increase,” she shared.
Philanthropy is a fundamental aspect of the National Merchants Association’s business model. Through its “Give-it-Back” donation program, members have the option to donate a portion of their credit card processing fees to the charity of their choice or to one of the local charities with which NMA partners.
NMA is thrilled to be identified by the United Chamber of Commerce and continues to make a remarkable impact on the communities in which they serve.
A complete list of the awards follows:
- United Chamber of Commerce Presents the 2012 Small Business Award to National Merchants Association-In Recognition of Outstanding Service to Your Community and the Valley of Economic Development Center (trophy)
- California Legislature Assembly Certificate of Recognition National Merchants Association Valley of Economic Development Center
- California State Assembly Certificate Of Recognition Presented to National Merchants Association Valley of Economic Development Center
- City of Los Angeles State of California Certificate of Recognition National Merchants Association VEDC
- California Legislature Assembly Certificate of Recognition National Merchants Association United Chamber of Commerce Small Business Awards Breakfast
- California Legislature Assembly Certificate of Recognition National Merchants Association 2012 Small Business Award for the United Chamber of Commerce.
- State of California Senate Certificate of Recognition National Merchants Association United Chamber of Commerce 2012 Small Business Award
- California Legislature Assembly Certificate of Recognition to National Merchants Association for Excellent Service and Quality of your Establishment
- Congressional Certificate of Recognition Awarded to National Merchants Association Recipient of the VEDC Small Business Award
- County of Los Angeles Congratulates National Merchants Association VEDC United Chamber of Commerce of the San Fernando Valley and Region
- State of California Senate Certificate of Recognition National Merchants Association In Honor of Receiving the 2012 Small Business Award from the United Chamber of Commerce.
- City of Los Angeles Certificate of Recognition National Merchants Association In appreciation for your exemplary leadership as an Outstanding Small Business.
- Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition National Merchants Association Small Business Award Breakfast in recognition for outstanding and invaluable service to the community.
- City of Los Angeles Certificate of Congratulations National Merchant Association on being honored by the United Chamber of Commerce of San Fernando Valley & Region at the Annual Small Business Awards Breakfast.
- City of Los Angeles State of California Congratulations National Merchants Association in recognition of your achievement as a United Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the year.
National Merchants Association – We work for you. It’s that simple.