Our Certified Team Members
As merchant advocates, we are dedicated to providing you with a team of trained experts. That’s why we are continually investing in staff development, and many of our staff are ETA CPP™ certified.
Heather Altepeter, Chief Executive Officer and Founder
Diane Driscoll, Quality Control Manager
Brianna Olmos, Strategic Partner Support
Christopher Baily, Software Engineering Manager
Veronica Vargas, Risk Analyst I
Katie Marrs, Underwriter I
What is an ETA CPP™?
The Electronic Transactions Association (ETA) is the premier trade association for the payments processing industry. They created the CPP™ certification program to recognize those professionals in the industry who demonstrate a thorough knowledge of their profession as well as a commitment to professionalism and personal integrity.
Every person who earns the ETA CPP™ designation has:
- A minimum of one to three years of experience in the payments industry.
- Been recommended by a supervisor or manager from a company in the payments industry.
- Completed and passed a rigorous examination developed by industry experts and conducted by an independent testing firm that is not affiliated with any entity in the payments industry.
- Agreed to abide by the Electronic Transactions Association’s Code of Conduct.
- Agreed to pursue continuing education credits as a requirement of re-certification every three years.
ETA CPP™ FAQs
Why should I do business with an ETA CPP™?
By obtaining your payments processing solution from an ETA CPP™, you can be sure that your representative is knowledgeable about the products and services they recommend and has the expertise to recommend the best and most appropriate solution for your business.
How can I determine if my merchant services provider is an ETA CPP™?
ETA provides a searchable registry of ETA CPPs™ at electran.org. The registry also allows you to search for an ETA CPP™ by state or city.
Does NMA have ETA Certified Payments Professionals™ (CPPs)?
Of course. To ensure that we’re offering our merchants the professionalism they deserve, all National Merchants Association staff are encouraged to become certified and certain staff members are required to reach ETA CPP™ status within the first 24 months of employment.